Sunday, July 19, 2009

Over Half Way There...

20 weeks and the bump is getting bigger...



We are over half way to the arrival of the baby.


This past week has been, over all a week of the pregnancy, I will not forget. Sunday we went and registered at Target and then spent a relaxing night around the house. Monday started off like any other day, Chase left for work around 5:30am and I tried to sleep for a few more hours. I woke up and got ready like I normally do. Played with Cooper and then while eating breakfast, the email sound began on my blackberry - a normal thing to happen at 8am on a Monday. This time, as I walked to the SUV and read one of the many emails, I started feeling some cramping as I read. This was a new feeling.. not one where my ligaments are stretching, but a deep pain, where my tummy started to tighten and it came and went. At this point, I just thought that the baby was moving around, maybe sitting on a nerve or the uterus was expanding... to tell you the truth, the email at this point at signaled that Monday was going to be more than a "manic Monday."


After arriving at the office, the stress of the job started to set in and I took it one step at a time... but the pain went away... as the day went on the pain got worse and then would go away. By 3pm I wasn't feeling very well and had talked to the doctor a few times. This time, the doctor sent me home on an afternoon of "bed rest". I was on strict orders to have "NO stress" - in the back of my mind, I thought yeah right, you should do my job and no stress.. well.. anyways I left work, turned my cell off (I know a first) and tried to relax, by keeping my feet up. Cooper and I spent the next few hours napping until Chase came up around 5pm. I feel so bad for those who are on bed rest for weeks... I don't think I could do it.. just a few hours of it made me go crazy.


That night my sweet hubby made sure I didn't do anything... although I did break the rule and turned the cell back on.. but I didn't listen to voicemail or check email, instead I chatted with one of my very best friends Kim for about an hour and a half (that right there was the biggest stress reliever).


As the week went on my stress level decreased and so did the pains I had been having. I still had them a few more times through out the week, but no spotting so the doctor didn't think I needed to come in, until my regular appointment.


Needless to say.. this was the scariest feeling I have had. I was worried that I may have been having contractions, but since they stopped. I feel like Butter Bean was just telling his mommy that he can't handle his mom to be stressed.


The pain has since gone and today the lack of energy has set in. Although tonight is our night for date night (which we are trying to have one at least 2 times a month if not weekly before the baby gets here) - I would much rather just sleep.


Tomorrow... I'm going shopping for fabrics for the baby room and going to check out some baby stuff hopefully with one my friends Alison (who is also expecting a baby - which is great so Butter Bean will have a friend to grow up with - that baby's dad is Chase's best friend Dennis) or Erica (she also is due to have a baby - I guess its just in the water here).


More details to come, but for now - its time for a nap!!!

1 comment:

  1. SOO super glad you are feeling better. I agree that Butter Bean was telling you that mommy needs to destress! :) Can't wait to see you guys!! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete